Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

What about my feet?


My shoe needs have changed a lot since Russia has become a reality. It used to be style over function. The most walking I've needed to do in anything other than a sneaker has consisted of walking from my house to my car, desk to fax machine, rinse, repeat as needed. So, 4 inch heels? Yes. That strap pinches my toe? Who cares? Well, now it seems that judging a shoe only on how fast it makes my heart race, isn't practical anymore, considering I will not have a car in Russia and will be relying on public transit and my feet. However, Moscow isn't a city where fashion can be forgone either. So I am searching for shoes that can incorporate both. I need some hot shoes with a lot of comfort (and ones that will keep me warm too).

Obviously I will be getting one pair of flat, water-proof, snow boots. I am thinking these:


I like them. They make me think I do not have to give up fashion completely to be safe (not falling all over the place) and warm (they have a layer of thinsulate!)










But a girl can not live in flat water proof boots a lone. I am also looking for shoes I can wear casually in the city and still get around in. I am taking a long look at these FRYE booties too:

I've long been a lover of all things FRYE. They are a great example of comfort and style to me. I can't speak for this particular pair since I don't own them (YET!) but the heel on these, although high-ish, doesn't look flimsy. I feel like I could walk around in these quite a bit and still be stylish and warm. No? I am thinking the tan color. I am a fan of tan shoes, since you can wear them with black or brown and not be a walking mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment